Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Easy Upcycle: Make a Dress from a Pillowcase!

Yes, I am wearing a pillowcase. I hope it doesn't look too much like one!


I've seen a lot of pillowcase dresses for children, but it didn't occur to me that a pillowcase dress could be made for an adult- let alone for me, at 5'9". But shortly after I saw this how-to, I found a long pillow case with a pretty pattern at Savers here in Madison.


I followed Mena's tips, going with a boatneck and taking in the sides. I think it turned out pretty well, although I'd prefer to pair it with a wider belt. If you're looking for a half-hour project and have a nice long pillow case, this is definitely worth trying out!

13 comments:

  1. What a great dress! No it doesn't look like a pillowcase at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, no way does it look like a pillowcase, never seen one made for an adult, great job! Now google following, please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Dad likes it too. What a smart daughter I have and thrifty one at that.

    I'm proud of you Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Andee
    P.S. visiting from a glimpse inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I never would have guessed you could get such an awesome dress out of a pillowcase . . . amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks unreal! Not pillow casey at all! Looking at it makes me think it would look great as a one shoulder dress too, the fabric even lends itself to it. Great work! Wish I could sew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am completely floored, I cannot believe this is a pillow case! I'm also a tall girl and love knowing that you are too because now I'll definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, it looks fantastic! Fabulous refashion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanted to let you know that your amazing dress was featured over at let birds fly for being one of the most viewed links! come check it out, grab a featured button if you wish, and link-up something for this week's party! thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...